Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Nevada











Traditions are part of what makes the Holidays so special. I've been blessed to spend the last week in Nevada with my family. Some of the photos are traditions and some are just the humor of a family.

Only people that know my parents will understand how my dad goes about everywhere, and obviously, as the photo shows, EVERYWHERE with his coffee cup.
Another yummy treat over the holidays is my mom's spread of candies, desserts and the coup'de tat, Danish Puff. I'm not sure if that's the real name for it, but that's our family's name for it.

Perhaps your family has a name for something that just isn't the right name, but it is what your family calls it. I'd love to know some wierd names if you want to leave a comment, feel free to name what your family misnamed and has stuck.

My brother is very crafty. More than crafty, he's really an artisan creating from scrap paper and old christmas cards, these cards that are pop-up works of art! Amazing, beautiful, keepsakes.

Last, but not least is my Mom. Obviously she's a great cook but she also suffers from Macular Degeneration, so she sometimes has this jewelers loupe, and I just love this candid photo of her and I. She hates me photographing her. Thankfully she tolerates it and I just love taking pictures of my family.

So, as you can see, I'm blessed. I love my family. Being home is this year's greatest Christmas present.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. Looks like you ate well! Cool that you can enjoy your family so much. Neat photos.
Anne L.

Anonymous said...

First time I've had a minute to look at your pix. Love the tweaked one with the loupe:) MA

Who's this Brian guy?

My photo
I'm one of the few people from Wyoming in the midwest. Born and bred, by default I'm a cowboy, through life though I guess I've kept the wanderlust and taken it urban. Having lived in 11 states now, I feel safe to say that I've found home in Indy. I'd never have dreamed I'd live here but 5 years later, I have no complaints! I've been a "lifestyle" photographer for quite a while. Cutting my teeth in landscape photography and photojournalism out West I've developed a style that focuses on simplicity, beauty and life lived well.