Saturday, November 13, 2010

A fun day of musical genius















I am really tired and don't have the time to tell much about what I got to experience by luck and a little bit of good timing. Needless to say, I brought my camera to the PASIC International Drum and Percussion EXPO and managed to get a media pass.

The reason I went there at all was to see Stanton Moore, the drummer of Galactic and the Stanton Moore Trio. This guy is brilliant, fun, and really fun to watch play. I wont' elaborate, enjoy the pics. I'll have more tomorrow as I'll be shooting a lot of other percussion things. Add in my own band playing at 1-3 I'll be about as percussive as I've ever been and then add on Sunday worship time and I'll be ready to do my own clinic!

Just kidding.... Even though I've played drums on and off for 25 years, I know where I belong and where I stand and I can't hold a torch to 95% of the drummers/percussionists in the world. Nevertheless, I love to play, I love music and am grateful to my God that I have the talents that I do have and that I get to use them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun, Bri! MA

Anne L. said...

I'm grateful too!!!! I miss you whenever you aren't playing on Sunday's.
The pic's are awesome.
Anne

Who's this Brian guy?

My photo
I'm one of the few people from Wyoming in the midwest. Born and bred, by default I'm a cowboy, through life though I guess I've kept the wanderlust and taken it urban. Having lived in 11 states now, I feel safe to say that I've found home in Indy. I'd never have dreamed I'd live here but 5 years later, I have no complaints! I've been a "lifestyle" photographer for quite a while. Cutting my teeth in landscape photography and photojournalism out West I've developed a style that focuses on simplicity, beauty and life lived well.